Nowadays, more and more people are experiencing spine problems at earlier age. Due to wide spread of computers and smart phones, more and more people are not having good posture for long time every day. Now more than half of herniated discs and other neck problems are happening to teachers, office workers, drivers, and students. Sometimes we even see teenagers with these problems.
Herniated discs, A.K.A. lower back pain, is a medical condition affecting the spine in which a tear in the outer, fibrous ring of an intervertebral disc allows the soft, central portion (to bulge out beyond the damaged outer rings. The most common cause of this condition is bad posture in sitting and standing, long period sitting and standing, or lifting heavy objects without proper spine position etc.
【Your spine maybe in trouble if you】
1. feeling not so uncomfortable taking deep breath;
2. cannot turn or rotate your body easily and to the same angle on both side;
3. can hear cracking sound when you move your neck and back;
4. have different worn out pattern on the bottom of your two shoes;
5. walking with the tip of your feet outwards;
6. are suddenly experiencing high blood pressure, fast heart bit and stomach problem which you do not usually experience.
【Tips for a Healthier Spine】
• If your job involves sitting all day long: taking breaks, relax, stand up and walk around.
• If you need to drive for long time: try to use some lower back support.
• If you need to work in front of a computer: place the screen on a position that you can look at it horizontally without tilting your head. Also try to type without looking at the keyboard.